Snort mailing list archives

Re: Offering a 64bit version of Snort for Windows?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:26:49 -0400

On Oct 31, 2012, at 12:03 PM, Michael Steele <michaels () winsnort com> wrote:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a 64bit version of Snort for Windows to the download section? I’ve
tried add the 32bit version of Snort to a 64bit install but Barnyard2 is displaying a lot of odd items from the logs.

I believe you've asked this already in the past.  We can't do it right now, we just don't have the personnel or
bandwidth to add another QA build to our system.  Not to say that we won't do this in the future, but it's not
something we can just cook up quickly.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT