Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where's Waldo?

From: AllowOverride <allowoverride () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:02:20 -0700

yep it works. thanks for your original work.

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 16:13 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On October 11, 2012 8:58:12 PM +0100 Peter Bates <peter.bates () ucl ac uk>
wrote:

Hello all

On 11/10/2012 20:29, AllowOverride wrote:
just a test, i will clear tables, and close browser, come back in 1
hour increments, and see if that is the issue, it takes an hour to
input new data after base clear table buttons have cleared. im
assume there is a switch in the configs to make it quicker.

I've never personally looked for the option to clear tables in BASE
but I can say I use a script called archivesnort.pl which moves alerts
after 7 days to the archive DB and deletes them after 30.

Are you serious?  I wrote that thing about 8 years ago.  I can't believe
anybody is still using it.  Hasn't the schema changed since then?  I'm
amazed it still works.