Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to turn off a rule

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:11:50 +0000

From what I've seen that alert specific tends to be from the ssh
preprocessor and not a rule itself, which is why I linked to some
articles about that, vs the rule.

But yes.. lots of ways to do things, but not nearly enough information.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Michael Steele <michaels () winsnort com> wrote:
If he is using PP, then there is a specific process to use. Not sure at this
point how he is preforming rule management.

Michael...