Snort mailing list archives

Re: Extracting snortrules-2931.tar.gz

From: AllowOverride <allowoverride () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:59:33 -0700

cached? not for 2 weeks, that should have updated in a day i would
phathom. isp is charter. this isnt netzero! lol

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 16:36 -0400, waldo kitty wrote:
On 10/10/2012 11:55, AllowOverride wrote:
here is the link again. I sign in, click the oinkcode link, it's right
there.

ok... i've just done this and your instructions are not making any sense...

https://www.snort.org/

right... i'm here...

then i sign in and i'm redirected back to the above https://www.snort.org/
link... where's the "oinkcode link" on that page?

[time passes]

ahhh!! you're talking about the "Get an Oinkcode" link /at the bottom of the
page/ (!!) in the black box...

https://www.snort.org/account/oinkcode

yup... that page is showing 2931 in all the examples i see there now...

FWIW: you may be unknowingly using a web proxy if your ISP or their feed have
one silently in place to help with their traffic management... they're known as
a transparent proxy... it is possible that that proxy isn't updating and so you
may be seeing an old cached page...