Snort mailing list archives

Re: Daq not getting installed.

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:44:29 +0000

basically yes.. but they are two different apps and you can choose to
run either, both or none in daemon mode.  They don't depend on each
other for that.

snort in daemon mode, if the unified2 output is used, will write u2
files using the file structure you specify in the snort.conf for the
unified2 output.

by2 will read the files you tell it too and when a new one gets
written, it will close the old one and archive if (if desired) and
then continue reading and acting on the u2 files, updating it's waldo
file as it goes.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM, k vijay sai prashanth