Snort mailing list archives

Re: stream5 and http_inspect

From: Jack <kingofnerds () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:42:35 -0400

Here is a list of ID's I put into my thresholds.conf file to filter
out some noisy rules
suppress gen_id 120, sig_id 3
suppress gen_id 129, sig_id 15
suppress gen_id 129, sig_id 12
suppress gen_id 129, sig_id 4
suppress gen_id 124, sig_id 9
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 368
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 366
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 408
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 402
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 384
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 396

I think one of those does match some of the stream5 stuff

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:
They sure do, in the preprocessors.rules (if you are using that)

Otherwise, you can suppress them.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT