Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Ntop-misc] Pfring crashes the kernel with white lists.

From: Alfredo Cardigliano <cardigliano () ntop org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:17:07 +0200

Hi Peter
first of all let me clarify that it is not true that "it will cause pfring to add a monotonically increasing number of
WHITE_LIST pfring filters".
In fact by default kernel rules idle for more than 5 minutes (it is possible to tune this with --daq-var
kernel-filters-idle-timeout=<seconds>)
are automatically removed. Of course there can be an high number of rules if there is an high number of concurrent
active flows.
Anyway we changed this in current svn, so the problem in no longer present. Please update and let us know.

Best Regards
Alfredo