Snort mailing list archives

Re: Setting the Home and External Net variables

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:08:36 -0600

Hi,

Yes, that won't work.  What I had to do is use the multiple configuration feature of snort.  Example:

config binding: /etc/snort/snort-fw.conf net [10.12.100.100]

First config:

HOME_NET [10.0.0.0/8]
EXTERNAL_NET any

Second config:

HOME_NET any
EXTERNAL_NET [10.12.100.100]

Maybe this isn't the best way to do it, but it worked for me.  My understanding is that this treats (in my case) my
proxy server, as EXTERNAL_NET.