Snort mailing list archives

Re: snot processes packets twice?

From: jorbru30 () comcast net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:52:34 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you Ru ss for the tip .

I checked for any bridge but there is none.

mysnort @home:~/pcaps$ brctl show
bridge name bridge id  STP enabled interfaces

I captured pcaps at eth0 and eth1 and each show about 25,000 packets.

I also added a print statement  prior to " ProcessPacket" in snort.c to verify snort is indeed inspecting duplicate
packets. My findings is yes, it does inspect about 5 0,000 packets.

I am still trying to figure out why snort checks packets from both interface and how to fix the issue.

I appreciate any help .

Jorda.