Snort mailing list archives

Re: Logging URI too long

From: Nelo Belda <nbelda () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:08:25 +0200

I apologize for confusion. My question is not about URI truncation but is
about logging URI request on alerts triggered by server responses. Why are
URIs logged when error 500 occurs and not when is 414?

Today, I've detected an alert with full URI that was triggered by error 414
so I think URIs were not logged due to memory insufficiency or any other
reason. Maybe I is due to a low memcap. And yes, URI was 2048 chars length.

Thank you

PS: "Un saludo" means "Regards" in spanish. It isn't my name ;)