Snort mailing list archives

Re: Distributed Snort

From: Ian Bowers <iggdawg () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:40:07 -0400

Apologies, you're both 100% right.  While I meant "remote session" I'm
still wrong since you can indeed get sguil running on just about any
platform.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com> wrote:

Ian,

Thanks for your kind words about Security Onion!

A slight correction.  Sguil doesn't require a VNC session.  You can
install the Sguil client on just about any platform and point it at
the server.  We actually recommend running Security Onion in a VM on
your analyst workstation since this gives you the Sguil client,
Wireshark, NetworkMiner, and a whole slew of other pcap tools for
analysis.

Thanks,
Doug