Snort mailing list archives

Request for Guidance

From: Tarek Heggi <Tarek.Heggi () phdint com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:28:53 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

I have a dataset from UNIBS, it is in PCAP format and it include different types of applications like p2p eDonke,
eMule, bittereont, Skype, ..etc, could I use snort as an application classifier and give it this dataset to be
classified.

Regards,
T H

"The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity it is
addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, destroy it and delete it from your
system. The sender is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any special, incidental or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from receipt
or use of this communication"