Snort mailing list archives

Re: Proposed Signatures - Blackhole Exploit Kit

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:55:05 -0400

That's a pretty old version of PDF marking. It's almost worth it to sig
that. ;)

It's a negligible difference as far as performance goes  in my testing.
It's more worth it, IMO, to ensure that the qwe123 is after the PDF content
match. At least it's in the file. I'll check again.

I'm also future proofing the rule for future enhancements to the Snort
engine.  By doing what I did.

The flowbit check is also a future proof.

Thanks for the misspelling note.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012, lists () packetmail net <lists () packetmail net>