Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort terminates abnormally

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:59:02 -0400

Looks like another instance of Snort is already running when try and start it, or, the last instance of Snort isn't
clearing it's lock properly.

On Mar 12, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:

Searching under /var/log, the unique fatal error I see is this:

FATAL ERROR: Failed to Lock PID File "/var/run//snort_eth0.pid" for PID "2216"

But I can't match this log withe the moment of termination....I will do this.