Snort mailing list archives

Re: signature true positive or not

From: Kevin Ross <kevross33 () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:31:05 +0000

Oh right. Well it is just that when VRT release their rulesets they will
tell you whether or not by default it is enabled or disabled. If it is a
rule you would like to run you have to enable it yourself (using
pulledpork) and vice versa for disabling any enabled by default rules you
don't need. In contrast the emergingthreats.net rules are largely
distributed entirely enabled unless it is a performance/false positive
concern and it is up to you to disable them as needed.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Ross