Snort mailing list archives

Re: New IDS best practise

From: "Mark W. Jeanmougin" <mark.jeanmougin () cchmc org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:51:46 -0500

Maymann,

First, if you're a "global, multi-site organization" then call
Sourcefire. Their central management console just plain rocks. Their
3500 & 4500 (1gbit & 2gbit) sensors are fantastic. It may not be cheap,
but it is the kind of reliability, supportability, and "just works"
nature that keep my bosses happy. I used to work for a very global
Fortune 50, and now I'm at a very large, but regional company. The
Sourcefire solution is what I've seen keep the suits happy.

/Sourcefire advertisement. :)

(I'm just a happy customer. I have no ties, financial or otherwise, to
Sourcefire.)

Your questions: