Snort mailing list archives

Re: SERVER ADDRESSES

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 09:02:14 -0400

If you define HOME_NET but not the rest, and leave them as default, then Snort will assume all the hosts in HOME_NET
are DNS servers. (unless you are using adaptive profiling)

It's common to leave the configuration like that.  But it's more productive to define those hosts as well.

Sent from my iPhone