Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base not reporting "Portscan Traffic"

From: Mike Boeckeler <boeckelr () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:03:14 -0400

Hi,

A few days ago I posted the message below to this group, and Elz and James
have helped me out tremendously.

I have another question here - what conditions in the VRT snort.conf need to
be satisfied in order for sfportscan to work?  Do I just need to make sure
stream5 is set up according to the README.sfportscan file, and make sure the
sfportscan line is uncommented, and has the options that I want included in
it?

Do I need to do anything else besides those 2 things?

And is there any reason that anyone can think of why snort will populate the
portscan.log file with portscan alerts, but wont log them - whether its
logging to console or to a unified2 logfile?

Thanks,
Mike