Snort mailing list archives

Faulting application snort.exe

From: eltra1n <larry.wichman () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:14:30 -0500

Hello List – I recently installed Snort 2.9.1.1 on a Wintel box.
Running Win2k3 R2 Sp2,  it has 4 Xeon 2GHz processors with 4 GB RAM. I
started getting the following error when starting Snort:

S5: Pruned 5 sessions from cache for memcap. 2945 ssns remain.
memcap: 5624830/5624844.

I tried to increase the memcap but I start getting the following error
when I increase the amount > 5624844:

Faulting application snort.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4789, fault address 0x0002c932.

Has anyone else seen this? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Larry Wichman CISSP
Sr. Security Analyst