Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Frontend Compare

From: Dustin Webber <dustin.webber () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:19:35 -0400

Hey James,

Great work on putting this together. I have a few features to add to snorbys list.

- Hotkeys - (you can use the whole snorby UI without touching the mouse once - mostly because I hate using a mouse)
- Custom Lookups - You can add your own URI apis form doing custom src/dst addr lookups.. example:
http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=${ip}
- Comment system.. (not really important but some users find its incredibly useful)

Also to sure what you mean by `Graph # of alerts by time` - thats what the main dashboard graph does.

Feature comparison matrix additions/thoughts:

- Does Base or squert support other databases? snorby supports everything currently support by the so_database output
plugin.

Also, not 100% sure Squert makes sense in this comparison.. its purpose is in a totally different direction.

Anyways, great work and thanks for putting this together.

- Dustin Willis Webber