Snort mailing list archives

snort not capturing

From: Mario Remy Almeida <mario.almeida () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:06:14 +0400

Dear All,
I install snort 2.8.6.1 but when I start its not capturing anything.
snort.log and alert files under /var/log/snort are created but both
files are empty neither it logs to mysql.

Snort is started with the below command
/usr/sbin/snort -A fast -b -d -D -I -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort

If i start snort with "-v -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf " parameters then I can see the tcpdump output
on the terminal.
can anyone help me?

Rgds,
Mario