Snort mailing list archives

Re: http_header rule

From: Bad Horse <b4dh0rs3 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 13:00:09 -0500

You mean like an empty header?  Something like:

content:"\: |0D 0A|"; http_header;

You can also add a PCRE although I don't think it necessary.  This allows
for zero or more whitespaces after the colon:

pcre:"/\x0D\x0A[^\x3A]+\x3A\s*\x0D\x0A/H";

This would match:

Host: zombo.com
Keep-Alive:

If you want a truly blank header, that may not be possible depending on what
you mean by \n.  Do you mean 0x0D 0x0A or just 0x0A?  Do you have a traffic
snippet of what you wish to alert on?

-Bad Horse
 The Thoroughbred of SYN