Snort mailing list archives

Re: Inline IPS

From: Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:15:40 +0100

Hi.

Your compile instructions did not have --enable-inline in though (that's why
I mentioned lack of inline)

If i'm wrong then i'm sorry dude.

Regards

On 7 September 2011 11:50, Heine Lysemose <lysemose () gmail com> wrote:

Hi

Yes my guide is regarding Snort but as and inline deployment.
When you're starting snort -Q, you are telling snort to start as IPS and
not IDS... and you're pairing two network interfaces when doing this
eth1:eth2 (bridging)

/usr/local/snort/bin/snort --daq afpacket -Q -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth1:eth2 --daq-dir /usr/local/lib/daq
<-- this is running snort as inline

/Lysemose