Snort mailing list archives

Re: BLACKLIST URI Request Rules

From: Adam Gardner <adamgardner502 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:57:37 -0400

I've been seeing the same thing, particularly with 19624, 19629 and 19630
which have been firing on parked domains.

I have not yet seen any malware being served up from the sites, nor have any
other Snort rules fired on traffic involving these hosts.  My other IPS
vendor, AV and web content filter have all been quiet as well.

Simply visiting the parked domains has been enough to make these rules fire,
it doesn't sound like preexisting malware installed on the box is checking
in.  I haven't seen much I can take action on from those rules.