Snort mailing list archives

Re: VRT Domain name lists

From: snort user <snort.user () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:56:04 -0400

In the roadmap ahead, will IP reputation remain purely IP or will be
extended for domain names, or is it too early to say?

Thanks

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:
Snort 2.9.1 beta has an IP reputation preprocessor that is in development form.  We are not publishing a "blacklist"
for import into Snort at this time.

I suggest a read of:

http://vrt-blog.snort.org/2011/02/blacklistrules-clamav-and-data-mining.html

Joel