Snort mailing list archives

Inputs about polman for managing rules

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:27:26 +0200

Hi all,

  After some weeks of tests using pulledpork, I am not convinced. After
searching another posibilities, I have found two: oinkmaster and polman
(http://www.gamelinux.org/?p=240)

  Oinkmaster is too old and needs some tunning to make all I need and
that causes difficulties to maintain.

  On the other side, Polman offers some very interesting features, but I
see a problem: I need to keep two databases for different sensors
(suricata and snort), hosted in shared storage accessible by two
servers. Looking at the script, is enough to modify the path which
polman search these databases?

  And any input about this tool??

  Thanks.

--