Snort mailing list archives

pulledpork and certificate errors

From: "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () ccis edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:20:08 +0000

I have a cronjob to automatically update my snort rules via PulledPork once a day.  This morning I ran PulledPork
manually because I was ignoring some rules.  When I ran it I get the following:

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2903.tar.gz....
        Error 500 when fetching https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2903.tar.gz.md5 at
/usr/local/snort/pulledpork.pl line 390
        main::md5file('[OINKCODE]', 'snortrules-snapshot-2903.tar.gz', '/tmp/', 'https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/&apos;)
called at /usr/local/snort/pulledpork.pl line 1386

Doing some more digging, it looks like the snort.org SSL certificate expired 6/4/11.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334