Snort mailing list archives

Snort + HTSQL dashboard application

From: Dan Ferris <dferris () prometheusresearch com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 16:45:50 -0600

Greetings,

My coworkers and I have spent the past few days working on a reporting
dashboard for the Snort database.  This has been done in order to
showcase some cool and useful technology, called HTSQL, that Prometheus
Research has developed.

The Dashboard can be seen here:

http://htsql.org/gallery/snort/index.html

HTSQL is a browser based query language for an SQL database.  A user can
enter a URL into their browser, and then the HTSQL engine will convert
the URL into SQL queries that are then executed on the database.  HTSQL
is a query language designed for both rapid application development as
well a query language that is easier for less technical users than SQL.

HTSQL queries can be combined our Open Source HTRAF (HTSQL Rapid App
Framework) Javascript library.  HTRAF allows you to embed HTSQL queries
into a web page and display them as graphs and tables.  This means you
can write dashboards and reports using nothing more than Javascript,
HTML, and HTSQL queries (View the dashboard source to confirm this).

We would like users to suggest possible improvements to the content on
the dashboard.  If there is something you think would be more useful
then please let us know.

The full HTSQL tutorial and documentation can be found at:

http://htsql.org

You can also find us on IRC on Freenode in #htsql

Thanks,

Dan Ferris