Snort mailing list archives

Re: VRT stream5 Preprocessor Config vs Default Settings

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:33:29 -0400

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Matt Watchinski <
mwatchinski () sourcefire com> wrote:

Stream5's config parser is pretty loose, so commas or spaces are ok
and can be interchanged.  This is inconsistent though in my opinion,
so I'll reformat it for the ,\ per line as suggest below so its easier
to read in 2.9.0.5 conf file for the next rule package we release.

FYI - we have a bug targeted for the 2.9.1 release that tightens up
stream5's comma related parsing.  In some cases, if a comma doesn't separate
keywords, the latter keyword is ignored.

As for the max_tcp number, being set to 8192, the CVS comments for
when this was set in the 2861 conf is that it is for memory allocation
reasons in stream5, as it pre-allocates memory per stream tracked.
Since the default is higher number, i'll up date it to reflect that
default in the 2905.conf

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
-matt

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Eoin Miller