Snort mailing list archives

Re: Purchasing New Equipment for Snort

From: "Merida, Dylan" <Dylan.Merida () EKU EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:12:14 -0400

Martin,

Thanks for this information. One our sys admins had discussed with me that a change to innodb could improve
performance. I know that the default snort schema uses myisam, so I wasn't sure if innodb could be used. Does anything
special need to be done in addition to changing the table type and making sure the key buffer size is large enough?

On the MySQL 5.5 issue, should we see a performance increase just by upgrading the server version? I'm sure you know
that BASE uses the adodb libraries and they aren't updated often. I'm not sure about Barnyard, can it use MySQL 5.5
client libraries if compiled with 5.5 installed?

Thanks for your time,

Dylan Merida
Security Analyst
Information Technology
Eastern Kentucky University

NOTE: IT @ EKU will NEVER request passwords or other personal information via email. Messages requesting such
information are fraudulent and should be deleted.