Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to test snort rules?

From: Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:05:56 -0500

Sort of a fox-hen house issue there, but it should at least test some parts
of it.  Sort of hard problem, you'll have to mimic DCE/RPC, web traffic,
etc...to trigger flowbits and prime the dcerpc preprocessor.

I might try to put together some pcaps that test the major functionality of
Snort so you can check your configs.

/me adds to my extensive todo list

Matt

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Fraser, Hugh <hugh.fraser () arcelormittal com