Snort mailing list archives

Reconfigure SNORT

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:28:44 -0600

When SNORT was originally configured, it was done with just the sudo ./configure --prefix=usr/local/snort

We want to configure with other options.

First, can we just configure, make and make install with these new options or does snort need to be removed and the
redone?

Second, where do I find out what each option represents?

I certainly appreciate everyone's help.  I am learning this daily and your help is a big reason why.

Dwane