Snort mailing list archives

Re: Reliability of signatures

From: Martin Holste <mcholste () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:39:07 -0600

Vendor sponsored projects are okay I think, especially since we have the
resources to donate to a project that is going to make everyone's detection
better.

LOL says the vendor...  Seriously though, I guess I'd be ok with SF
hosting as long as they agreed to be source-agnostic and were very
clear about how the whole thing works.

What I was thinking was having a reputation (hit) count score from gid:sid
and maybe from the IP involved, then allow people to comment on said results
manually.

Right, but what is the mechanism for the auto reporting, that is,
what's the criteria?