Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and Barnyard - why do our logs stop

From: "Champ Clark III [Softwink]" <champ () softwink com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:21:23 -0500

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 08:08:23AM -0600, Atkins, Dwane P wrote:
So delete the .waldo and then just do a touch and recreate it?

        Barnyard2 waldo files are different than the older Barnyard
file.  So the previous poster is right,  don't try to edit it.

        You can give this a try,  but you're likely going to get the
same error IMHO.  I could be wrong.  Barnyard2 will read in the
last_cid,   which is invalid,  and produce the same error.   Until
the sensor tables 'last_cid' is set correctly,  you're going to get
duplicate INSERT errors.   At least I'm pretty sure,  YMMV.