Snort mailing list archives

Re: Upgrading Barnyard2

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:47:43 -0600

I took beenph's advise, and moved the old binary (in my case, it was /usr/local/bin/barnyard2.conf to barnyard2-old.  I
then went to the tarball for barnyard2-1.9 and did a ./configure && make.  I then moved ./src/barnyard2 to
/usr/local/bin/barnyard2.

I had some permissions issue, but a restart of the device seems to have cleared it up and so far it is working well.

Thanks to all for your help.  This is a learning process for me and the more I read and chat with you folks, the more I
learn.  One day, I hope this all clicks.

Have a great weekend.

Dwane