Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort logging both to syslog and unified2

From: "Tudor Panaitescu" <TPanaitescu () colorcon com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:47:45 -0500

Hi
Thanks for the reply but snort actually logs to 2 different sources right
now in my environment, syslog and unified. My plan was to log only to
unified2 but unfortunately it seems like barnyard2 1.9 (latest AFAIK) does
not work w/ syslog, tried it a few good times w/o any result. And, of
course, using unified2 implies getting rid of the -A fast in the command.

Thanks,
Tudor