Snort mailing list archives

Re: not getting tagged packets in db ???

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:14:52 +1300

A bit more information....

I have a local rule:

alert tcp $HOME_NET any ->  xx.yy.181.46 80   (msg:"LOCAL malware Infection - Win32/Autoit.EB.worm";
flow:to_server,established; tag:session,20,packets; classtype:trojan-activity; sid:9900046;)

What is getting logged back to the database is just the packets *to* the server.  i.e. those that trigger the actual
rule and I am not seeing the responses which should be tagged ??