Snort mailing list archives

Re: How can I configure ssh preprocessor??

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:19:35 +0200

On 03/30/2011 03:50 PM, carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

I have a big problem with the ssh preprocessor configuration when
"enable_protomismatch" is enabled. I have several different unix
platforms on my network, like Solaris, OpenSolaris, RHEL, Ubuntu, etc.
With my actual ssh preprocessor configuration, a lot of alerts are fired
because every platform shows a different string.

For example:

a) Ubuntu LTS 10.04: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3p1 Debian-3ubuntu6"
b) RHEL6: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3"
c) RHEL5: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3"
d) My firewalls: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch3"

All clients and servers are configured to use protocol version 2, but
when I try to connect via ssh between an ubuntu and rhel host, alarm
"ssh: protocol mismatch" appears.

My ssh preprocessor config is:

preprocessor ssh: server_ports { 22 } \
autodetect \
max_client_bytes 19600 \
max_encrypted_packets 20 \
max_server_version_len 100 \
enable_respoverflow enable_ssh1crc32 \
enable_srvoverflow enable_protomismatch

How can I adjust this config??

Thanks.

Sorry, my snort version is 2.9.0.4 under a RHEL 5.4 host.

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com