Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT and BASE(Graph not getting displayed)

From: Martin Holste <mcholste () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 15:00:51 -0600

You sound like me a couple years ago, and I wish someone would have
said this to me then:  Stop messing around with Base and install
Splunk personal edition and send your alerts to it.  You can run it
alongside Base for awhile, if only to do your graphing, but I predict
you will quickly realize that you don't need Base.  Even if it won't
do every last thing you want it to, the ridiculous ease of searching
and creating ad-hoc reports more than makes up for any specific
features you were used to in Base.  Don't take my word for it, though,
you can have the free version up and running in five minutes and see
for yourself.  And no, I don't work for Splunk, I just appreciate
results for almost zero effort.