Snort mailing list archives

Re: pulled pork

From: NA <dustypath () comcast net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 12:47:11 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to get started on enabling/disabling rules via PulledPork
but need more info.

First off, the question asked about commenting out rules files in
snort.conf is irrelevant with PulledPork? It was not answered.

Second, if I wish to say, allow Skype on the network (inline deployment)
do I use the rule number to allow Skype in PulledPork or comment it out
in p2p.rules, enabled or not in snort.conf? Or just use p2p.rules to get
the rule number to put in dropsid.conf. The latter seems to make the
most sense, per this section of the file:

Example of modifying state for individual rules
# 1:1034,1:9837,1:1270,1:3390,1:710,1:1249,3:13010

Thanks

Bill B

looks correct, if PP reports no file change then the md5 file is not
actually changing, I would manually download the rules tarball that
you are talking about and compare to the md5 that ET publishes.. if
they are different then we need to talk to the ET folks about making
sure that the md5 file is updated with the file.

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Michael Lubinski