Snort mailing list archives

Re: No bridging support with Daq?

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:44:32 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
wrote:

The issue with Gentoo and the IPQ and NFQ DAQs is that the current
ebuild for libdnet does not compile with PIC so we get relocation
errors when we try to build those DAQs. We need to get the libdnet
package maintainer to roll a package with the PIC USE flag before I
can add IPQ and NFQ support to the DAQ ebuild.

If you use afpacket you shouldn't need to bridge should you? Isn't
that the point of assigning interface pairs?

./snort --daq afpacket -i eth0:eth1

Rather than...

./snort --daq afpacket -i bond0

Correct.  config daq_var: device=eth1:eth0 is not correct.

Did you mean is correct?

NA please check the DAQ tarball README.

You can run as shown above or with config interface: eth0:eth1.

The afpacket DAQ takes care of the bridging.

Wally