Snort mailing list archives

Re: Readers of the VRT blog

From: Mike Lococo <mike.lococo () nyu edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:56:25 -0500

We have been publishing blog items whenever we release a rule pack,
what we would like to know is if you want this to continue or would you
prefer we not do that and keep the blog solely for articles.

A rule changelog of some kind is helpful. I generally check the blog
posts to see if the new ruleset has coverage whenever there is new
"vulnerability of the week" making the rounds in the media. It doesn't
have to be via the blog, but right now that's the only annotation of the
ruleset that exists other a diff.

Also, what kind of content would you like to see more of on the blog?
Right now, there is a mix of opinion pieces, some exploit related
material and information related to Snort and Snort rules.

Agree with others that new-feature demos are interesting.

Cheers,
Mike Lococo