Snort mailing list archives

Snorby 2.0.0 Released

From: Dustin Webber <dustin.webber () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 23:36:59 -0500

All,

I am pleased to announce the official release of Snorby 2.0.0. A big "Thank you" to all the early testers and to
everyone for submitting bug reports and writing documentation. (https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/wiki/Contributors)

Snorby 2.0 features the following improvements over 1.1.4:

* Fully rewritten from the ground up in Rails 3 and Ruby 1.9.2
* Fast, resilient and scalable (with new backend workers)
* Completely redesigned user interface (for new and advanced users)
* Full packet capture support with OpenFPC
* Useful reports and metrics (PDF reports, graphs, email reports)
* Customizable severities and classifications
* Real time event listing using AJAX long polling.
* Supports Snort, Sagan and Suricata
* Revamped and intuitive administration interface.

I am also pleased to announce that Jason Meller (AKA terracotta) has joined the Snorby Core Team.
Jason's first contribution is a new official Snorby appliance called "Insta-Snorby." Insta-Snorby is an
easy to install Snort, Barnyard2, Snorby solution that runs on Ubuntu 10.04.

Insta-Snorby 0.4 can be downloaded at found at https://github.com/downloads/Snorby/snorby/Insta-Snorby-0.4.iso

Read more on the http://www.lookycode.com blog.

The Snorby 2.0.0 demo has also been updated:
User: demo () snorby org
Password: snorby

*note: Use the same user/pass for the full packet capture HTTP basic auth.

Source code: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby
Download tar.gz: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/tarball/2.0.0
Wiki: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/wiki
Bug Tracker: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/issues

We look forward to your feedback, bug reports and general comments. The team is committed to immediately delivering on
bug-fixes and patches so please do not be shy about report issues.

If you have any installation questions you can also ask the team on Freenode #snorby.

Enjoy,

Dustin Willis Webber & The Snorby Core Team.