Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.1 & OpenBSD 4.8 build problems

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:41:09 -0500

If you are having problems installing the DAQ on *BSD systems, please give
this patch a try.  It fixes some automake foo and removes an unsupported
automake sort.

To apply:

cd daq-0.4/
patch -p0 < daq-bsd.diff
make distclean
autoreconf

Then configure, make, make install as usual.  You should not need to
--disable-ipfw-module or --disable-static.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Russ

FYI - Ross, your email address was bouncing yesterday (ross () riverstyx net).