Snort mailing list archives

Re: dropped packets in Perfmonitor

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:15:52 -0500

Can you show us some results from the perfmon preprocessor?

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr. <
lhughes () safemedia com> wrote:

 Hi,

It seems that when our Mbit per second increase, dropped packets decrease
and when Mbit per second decrease we have a higher rate of dropped packets?

Is there something we can tune to keep the dropped packets at 1% or less?

Thanks,
Larry

--
Joel Esler