Snort mailing list archives

Re: issues with Snort report 1.3&VRT rules&ET rules&threshold.conf

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:34:50 -0500

My only suggestion is, take everything out (VRT rules, ET rules, etc) and
add things in, one at a time, see if Snort starts, stays running, and which
step breaks the process.

Joel

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Jun Wan <junwei_wan () hotmail com> wrote:

 Hi Joel,

It makes no difference by removing "-A console", I did the following and I
got SR with 'No data" :

 sudo /usr/local/snort/bin/snort -u snort -g snort -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth0

ps: eth1 shoud be eth0 in previous email.

Does anyone have any idea/direction? It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

John