Snort mailing list archives

Re: Off-topic - VRT Blog, "Rise of citizen cyberwarrior", criticism of the security efforts by the government.

From: "Crook, Parker" <Parker_Crook () reyrey com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:33:00 -0500

I also enjoyed 'Besides, it is fun to watch them work on "Cyber Security
Awareness Month", which is about as effective as warning labels on
cigarettes.'

Agencies need to do something with that poster printing budget.

I had written out a well thought-out response to put in my two cents, but I feel that the following two links says more
than I can without boring you to tears:

http://willusingtheprefixcybermakemelooklikeanidiot.com/
See also Marcus Ranum's self portrait that he dedicated to 'armchair cyberwarriors':
http://www.ranum.com/stock_content/mjr-wartrike.jpg

-Parker