Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Snort Instances - One Interface

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:30:08 -0500

Whats wrong with using PF_RING to do this? ;-)

Regards,

Will

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 8:38 AM, James Thornton
<james.f.thornton () gmail com> wrote:
All -

On my quad core system, I would like to load-balance traffic from a single
Ethernet device across two or four Snort processes.  Has anyone on the list
accomplished this in the past?  Aside from the PF_RING library, I've had no
success on Internet searches for load balancing software modules that
provide this capability.  Any guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Jim T