Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using detection_filter instead of threshold

From: L0rd Ch0de1m0rt <l0rdch0de1m0rt () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:47:27 -0500

Thanks.  Is there any way to do it in the rule itself like back in the
salad days?

-L0rd C.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:
From the README:
"Since potentially many events will be generated, a detection_filter would
normally
be used in conjunction with an event_filter to reduce the number of logged
events."
Joel
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM, L0rd Ch0de1m0rt <l0rdch0de1m0rt () gmail com>