Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Spam] Re: Possible FP 17363

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:01:51 -0600

I see.  The personal price is nice, however I’m sure I would have to go business subscription.  I guess I’ll stop
posting false positives for snort rules to the sig group since maybe it’s already fixed.  From the site:

Sourcefire Vulnerability Research Team™ (VRT) Rules are the official rules of snort.org. Each rule is developed and
tested using the same rigorous standards the VRT uses for Sourcefire customers.

and

Registered users of Snort.org are able to download and use VRT rules free of charge 30 days after their initial release
date.

I think this changes my thoughts on what the free registered feed is…from “30 days old” to “30 days old and possibly
broken”.

Thanks for the clarification.

James